Asparagus with Roasted Cara Cara Oranges
Whether it’s a special occasion or holiday, or any weekday when you want to add a note of sophistication to your dining, this combination of asparagus, Cara Cara oranges, and seasonings will rival the main dish in popularity. Roasting brings out the flavor of fruits and vegetables, turning a plain side dish into a taste sensation.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3 Cara Cara oranges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
- 1/2 cup pistachios chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF, and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside for now.
- Trim the bottoms of the asparagus, but leave the spears otherwise whole.
- Peel the oranges, and cut them into thick slices.
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, and red pepper flakes to a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the asparagus, and toss carefully to coat. Arrange the spears on the baking sheet.
- Now add the orange slices, and coat them gently on both side. Arrange them on top of the asparagus.
- Drizzle any remaining liquid on top.
- Roast them in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. The fruit should be soft and the asparagus tender.
- Remove from oven and top with pistachios.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!