Blood Orange Avocado Salad
Packed with goodness and flavor, this salad is colorful enough to light up the darkest winter nights. The smooth, creamy taste and texture of avocado is balanced by tart, sweet blood oranges, with a tasty dressing and seeds to add crunch.
- 1/3 cup blood orange juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon parsley minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 medium ripe avocados peeled and sliced
- 4 blood oranges peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
To toast the almonds:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the nuts on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice to turn them. They should be light brown in color.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk together until the mixture is smooth.
- To make the onions crisper, and soften their flavor just a little, soak them in a bowl of ice water for about 15 minutes before chopping.
- Arrange the avocado slices and blood orange slices on a platter.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled feta cheese and chopped almonds.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!