Blood Orange Halloween Punch Ideas
Blood Orange Halloween Punch Ideas Blood orange has the kind of visual impact you want when it comes to making punch for a Halloween party. Starting with that tart, yet fragrant, flavor, here are some variations to help you come up with a version you and your guests will love. It’s easy to make either alcoholic or non-alcoholic versions.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups blood orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup tart cherry juice
- 1 cup tequila OR
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup vodka OR
- 1 cup blackberry juice
- 1 cup rum
- 1 bottle sparkling mineral water
- Black pansies
- Blood orange sliced thinly
- Add the sugar and water to a small saucepan, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove the simple syrup from the heat and refrigerate, covered, until cool.
- When it's ready, combine the simple syrup, blood orange, lemon, and fruit juice of your choice in a large pitcher or punch bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the liquor of choice (or leave it out for a non-alcoholic version) and stir together.
- Just before you are ready to serve, add the sparkling mineral water and garnish or decoration of choice.
Decorating ideas: Add these for added spookiness – rim the pitcher with red gel icing, or toss a few wax candy fangs into the punch bowl.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!