Blood Orange, Smoked Salmon & Mango Omelette
The ordinary omelette takes a decidedly gourmet turn in this recipe. Full of fresh flavors and good for you ingredients, it’s a treat you can enjoy anytime you have the time to make it. Add a spinach and berry salad with a light vinaigrette, and it’s a dinner fit for any foodie.
- 4 Eggs
- 1 blood orange zest & juice
- 1 Lemon zest & juice
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 slices mango skin off
- 2 slices smoked salmon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger finely grated
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until slightly frothy.
- Add the fruit juice and zest, sugar, and salt to taste.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or omelette pan at a medium high setting.
- Stir the egg mixture, and spoon about half of it into the hot pan.
- Once the bottom of the omelette has begun to firm up, place one slice of smoked salmon, and one of mango on one side. Sprinkle with half the ginger.
- As the omelette firms up, flip the empty side over the salmon and mango.
- If the bottom seems to brown too much, you can cover the pan and turn it on low, or even take it off the burner altogether until it is set.
- Slide off the pan onto a plate.
- You can keep it warm in a baking dish in the oven at 200F or serve right away.
- Repeat with the second half of the egg mixture and filling.
- Top with coconut flakes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!