Broiled Grapefruit with Cinnamon, Ginger & Coconut
Turn breakfast into a gourmet experience with this delicious makeover of the classic broiled grapefruit. Grapefruits are bursting with color and flavor; here, that flavor is blended with sweet honey, crunchy coconut, spices, and a splash of Grand Marnier. Weekend brunch will never be the same.
- 4 Star ruby grapefruits
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line with parchment paper if you have it.
- Slice the grapefruits in half, and remove any seeds that you can see. Use a sharp knife to separate the flesh from the membranes.
- Place the grapefruit halves on the baking sheet, cut side up.
- Sprinkle with ginger and cinnamon, and then drizzle evenly with honey.
- Top with coconut and Grand Marnier.
- Broil in the oven for about 5 minutes. The coconut should be a golden brown color.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!