Cara Cara Orange Rum Caramel Sauce
Lit up by the pink hue and sweet-tart taste of Cara Cara oranges, this sauce is a delicious addition to everything from plain pound cake to ice cream, pancakes and French toast, or even a bowl of fresh fruit.
- 1/2 cup Cara Cara orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cara Cara orange zest
- Add the Cara Cara orange juice, brown sugar, corn syrup, and rum to a medium saucepan over a medium setting.
- Swirl the pot gently every few seconds as the mixture begins to warm and the sugar dissolves.
- Continue to swirl the pot as the sauce simmers. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes until the mixture deepens in color to a deep golden, and you can smell a toasty aroma.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, and stir in the cream and butter quickly until fully incorporated.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!