Cara Cara Orange Muffins
The bright, beautiful taste and rosy hue of Cara Cara oranges light up these flavorful muffins. The zest adds its tang to the muffins, and then the juice combines with brown sugar for a glaze you pour over the warm muffins as they come out of the oven. Breakfast, snack or dessert, they are sure to brighten your day and your palate.
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Cara Cara oranges zested then juiced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and prepare a muffin pan.
- Add the butter and white sugar to a bowl. Cream together until light and fluffy in texture.
- Add the eggs and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in the flour to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the baking soda and salt in the buttermilk.
- Add the buttermilk mixture and the orange zest to the batter.
- Stir until just incorporated – do not beat too much.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan, filling the cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes. The tops should be a light golden color.
- Mix the Cara Cara orange juice and brown sugar.
- Drizzle the glaze over the muffins when you remove them from the oven, still warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!