Citrus Fruit Tea, Taiwan Style
You'll need a medium to large size glass or heatproof teapot, with a warmer stand that uses tea lights to heat it. Use 2 tea lights for better brewing. This tart, slightly sweet tea is a great way to relax.
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 cups hot water
- Wash and hull the strawberries, cutting them in half.
- Slice the lemon and orange - do not peel first.
- Core the apple, and slice. You do not need to peel it.
- Heat the orange juice in a small saucepan until it is warm but not hot.
- Add the fruit to a large glass or heatproof teapot.
- Pour the orange juice over the fruit and stir gently.
- Now pour the hot water into the pot, and set it on top of a tea warmer, using 2 tea lights.
- Allow it to brew for at least 15 minutes, and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!