A Hot Toddy & Variations
A nice warm drink can be truly savored as the evenings get cooler. A classic hot toddy is light and refreshing, not too sweet, and just the thing to warm up your insides. It’s the perfect end to an evening, sipped slowly – ideal for both socializing and enjoying on your own.
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 1/2 ounces whiskey
- 3 teaspoons Honey
- 3 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1 lemon round
- 1 cinnamon stick to garnish
- 3/4 cup steeped black tea instead of water
- 1 1/2 ounces Bourbon dark rum, or brandy instead of whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar optional
- 3 teaspoons Maple syrup instead of honey
- Bring the water to a light boil, and pour into a mug. If you are using tea, then boil the water, and add the tea bag.
- Add the whiskey or spirits, honey or maple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Stir briskly until the honey has dissolved. Discard the tea bag at this point, if you are using tea instead of plain water.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, if you are using it.
- Garnish with a round lemon slice and cinnamon stick.
- Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!