Cranberry Sauce with Cara Cara Orange and Cinnamon
Here’s a variation on the classic accompaniment to a roast turkey, with the added flavors of luscious Cara Cara orange and spicy cinnamon. The combination of sweet, tart, and spicy tastes gives is a vibrant flavor pop to contrast the rich flavors of roasted turkey, chicken or pork.
- 2 x 8 ounce packages cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1 Cara Cara orange zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Add all the ingredients to a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat.
- Bring to a gently bubbling simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. All the cranberries should have burst, and the sauce should be thick.
- Remove from the burner and allow to cool in a glass or ceramic dish. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- It can be served at room temperature or refrigerated overnight and served cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!