Creamy Lemon Penne Pasta
- 1 box Whole grain penne
- 1 pound Asparagus cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces. You can substitute for green beans
- 1 cup Peas thawed
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 pound Boneless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 2/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 2-3 Lemons juiced
- 1/4 cup Capers drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- Salt as necessary
- Cook pasta according to package in salted water. Add asparagus during the last minute of cooking and add the thawed peas in the last 15 seconds. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. If using chicken, add chicken, and sauté until cooked through; next add garlic to pan and sauté 1 minute. Combine broth and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir until well blended. Add broth mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in cream, juice, capers, salt and pepper. Add pasta mixture to broth mixture; toss gently to coat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!