Creamy Meyer Lemon Penne Pasta
- 3 Limoneira Lemons (Zest and Juiced)
- 1 box whole grain Penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2/3 cups Heavy Cream
- add salt and pepper as needed
- 1 small bunch basil leaves thinly sliced
- Directions: Cook Pasta according to package in salted water. While pasta is cooking: melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and mushrooms to pan and sauté 1 minute. In a separate bowl mix chicken broth and cornstarch; stir until well blended. Add broth mixture to pan and bring to a boil cooking one minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in heavy cream, Meyer lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drain pasta and add to broth mixture with basil leaves; toss gently to coat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!