Crostini with Lemon and Thyme
Crostini makes a quick and easy snack or appetizer, and the variations are literally endless. This version pairs creamy ricotta with tart lemon and thyme for a crowd pleasing appetizer or family snack.
- 1 baguette
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper freshly ground
- 8 springs fresh thyme chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Thinly slice the baguette, and place the slices on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for about 5 minutes, turning once.
- While the bread toasts, combine the ricotta with the lemon juice and zest, and salt and pepper to taste.
- When the bread slices come out of the oven, spread with the seasoned ricotta.
- Top with the chopped thyme, and serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!