Fish Fillets With Cara Cara Orange
A marinade made with Cara Cara orange and honey, and a baked spicy orange topping add a load of flavor to an everyday fish dinner. Use a white fish such as tilapia, halibut, or cod for best results. Add a salad and it's the perfect dinner for weekday - or even company.
- 1 1/2 pounds white fish fillets
- 1 1/2 cups Cara Cara orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cara Cara orange zest
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Cara Cara orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Cara Cara orange zest
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil minced
- Add 1 1/2 cups orange juice, oil, honey, pepper, salt, and orange zest to a large baking dish, or you can also use a resealable plastic bag.
- Add the fish to the marinade, and refrigerate, covered (or sealed in the bag) for 3 to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F , and prepare a 13" x 9" glass baking dish with a drizzle of oil on the bottom.
- Measure the butter, bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons orange juice and zest, garlic and basil into a bowl. Blend together thoroughly.
- Remove the fish from the marinade. If any marinade is left over, you can pour a little over the fillets. Discard the rest.
- Arrange the fish in the baking dish in a single layer.
- Spread the butter and breadcrumb mixture over the fish evenly so that all the fish is covered.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. The fish should flake easily with a fork.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!