Garlicky Lemon Avocado Pasta
With creamy avocado and the zesty tartness of lemon, this pasta recipe will quickly become a favorite. Add garlic and fresh herbs, and it’s a dish that with liven up weekends or dinners with friends and family alike. The key is timing – making sure it’s done at the right time to eat immediately.
- 4 cups spaghetti uncooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons capers in brine roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped fine
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, seeded & chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Salt to taste,
- Black pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water and a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook about 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, but save some of the cooking liquid.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet on a low setting. Add the chopped capers and garlic, and saute until fragrant, or about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, and the chopped herbs. Stir as you continue to heat at a low setting for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the chopped avocado, stirring to heat. Add about 1/4 cup of the pasta liquid to the pan and stir together along with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Stir together, and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Divide between four plates or bowls, and garnish with Asiago cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!