Grapefruit teas are often used as home remedies for everyday health problems like the common cough. We can’t vouch for anything other than the natural nutritional properties of Star ruby grapefruit, enriched with the red flavonoid anthocyanins, along with vitamins A and C, and much more – along with the deliciously distinctive flavor.
- 2 Star ruby grapefruits
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 inches fresh ginger. thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup of honey
- Cinnamon sticks to serve
- Slice the grapefruits into 1-inch slices inside a large pot. Squeeze the juice from the grapefruit slices, but leave the fruit in the pot too.
- Add the cinnamon, ginger slices, and water. Cover and bring to a boil over a medium high setting, stirring occasionally.
- Once the pot comes to a boil, turn down the heat to medium, and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and strain out the fruit and ginger slices.
- Stir the honey into the hot liquid.
- What you will end up with is a concentrate. Store it in the fridge.
- Use about 1/4 of the concentrate for a large mug, topping it up with hot water as you stir.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- You can add more honey to taste.
Variations: • Substitute 2 sprigs of fresh mint for the cinnamon and ginger. • Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar plus 1 tablespoon of loose white tea.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!