Greek Style Lemon Potatoes
Greek cuisine relies a great deal on the bright, tangy punch of lemon to season many traditional dishes, including everything from soup to vegetables to mains to dessert. As is the case with many of those dishes, this recipe calls for lemon to be blended with herbs to add delicious flavor to potatoes. It's a vegan option, and a delectable side dish that's fit for holidays and other special occasions.
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 pounds potatoes
- 8 large garlic cloves chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons zest & juice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and peel potatoes, and then cut into wedges.
- Place the potatoes in a large, lightly oiled baking dish.
- Add the salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano, and lemon zest to a small bowl, and mix together.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the potatoes, and toss them to coat all sides.
- In another bowl, add the chopped garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and chicken broth. Whisk together to blend.
- Pour the broth mixture over the potatoes.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the oven for about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the potatoes evenly.
- Return the baking dish to the oven, uncovered, and roast for about 15 minutes more. The potatoes should be thoroughly cooked, and be a golden brown color.
- To add more color, if desired, you can put the baking dish under the broiler for about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!