Grilled Lemon & Herb Duck Breast
Indoor or outdoor grills are both suitable for this gourmet-level dish sure to impress even your most discerning foodie friends. Tender duck breast is grilled in a packet with a citrus and spice infused sauce that will smell as great as it tastes.
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large boneless duck breasts
- Rinse the duck breasts in cold water and pat dry. Cut each in half to make four servings. Prick the skin in several places.
- Add the other ingredients to a small saucepan, stirring to blend together.
- Heat at a medium-low setting until the sauce begins to thicken and boil. Remove from the heat.
- Cut four large squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil, and place a duck breast half in each.
- Divide the sauce between the four breasts. Try to cover the breast in sauce.
- Seal the foil as tightly as you can around each of the four duck breasts.
- Place on the grill at a medium setting with the seal of the foil packet facing up. Grill for about 1 hour. They should be quite tender at this point.
- Remove the packets from the grill, and place on a lipped dish to catch and preserve the liquid. Remove the breasts from the foil and grill skin side down for another 5 to 10 minutes to brown.
- Remove from the heat when done and slice on a platter, drizzling the sauce over the meat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!