Grilled Lemon & Herb Lamb Chops
Feeling fancy? Here’s a gourmet dish for grilling season that will serve a crowd for a patio or backyard party. It's a delectable change from the usual, and is sure to make you a popular host. If you're not entertaining, you can scale the recipe down by half for a dinner for two.
- 3 large shallots minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme chopped
- 6 large garlic cloves minced
- 24 lamb rib chops or 3 racks of lamb cut into chops
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
The Day Before You Grill:
- Add the shallots, mint, rosemary, thyme, and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt to taste.
- Take a heaping teaspoon, and place on one of the chops. Use the back of the spoon to press it into the meat. Repeat with all the lamb chops.
- Place the chops, spice side down, on a large baking sheet. Divide the rest of the spice mixture among the lamb chops, pressing it onto the meat as you did with the first side.
- Cover the baking sheet, and refrigerate overnight to infuse the meat with flavor.
- Remove the chops from the fridge and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and zest to a small bowl. Whisk together until thoroughly blended. The mixture should thicken slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon a little of the mixture onto each lamb chop. Turn, and spoon the mixture onto the other side as well.
- Allow the chops to stand for about 1 hour at room temperature.
- Bring the barbecue to a medium-high heat and grill chops 3-5 minutes per side, to desired level of doneness.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!