Healthy Hors D’Oeuvres: Moro Blood Orange, Prosciutto & Avocado
Whether it’s the holidays or another occasion for entertaining family and friends, or simply a night at home with movies, choosing healthy hors d’oeuvres and snacks lets everyone nibble guilt-free. It also gives you an alternative to the rich meals and desserts of Christmas and other holidays. Here’s a good-for-you bite of delicious flavor everyone is sure to love.
- 5 ounces Feta
- 2 small avocados peeled, pitted & cut into chunks
- 12 leaves fresh mint
- 12 slices Prosciutto de Parma very thin
- 1-2 Moro blood oranges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Moro blood orange sections garnish
- Mint leaves garnish
- Peel the Moro blood oranges and remove as much of the white pith as you can. Separate into sections.
- For each hors d’oeuvres, take one slice of the Prosciutto and lay it flat. Place a blood orange section, piece of avocado, spoonful of Feta, and mint leaf on it. Roll the Prosciutto up tightly.
- When they are all assembled, add the olive oil to a saucepan, and place the rolled Prosciutto carefully in it to cook.
- Cook at a medium-low setting, turning now and then, for about 5 minutes. The Prosciutto should be caramel in color.
- Remove carefully to a serving platter, and garnish with additional slices of Moro blood orange and mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!