Homemade Lemon Coconut Granola Bars
We’re all looking for healthier ways of eating and living, but we’re all also strapped for time. Convenience foods exist because of just that – convenience! Many such foods are packed with extra calories and sugar, but a granola bar is an easy breakfast substitute or snack when you’re on the run. A little forethought and about half an hour in the kitchen will get you tasty, delicious, nutritious DIY granola bars lit up by the tangy taste of lemons.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon Juice
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cup crisp rice cereal
- zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9”x13” pan and line with foil.
- Add the butter, honey, and sugar to a medium saucepan over a medium low setting. Stir as the butter melts to combine with honey and sugar.
- Once the sugar is completely dissolved, remove the saucepan from the heat and add lemon juice, coconut, oats, and cereal. Blend until they are evenly coated with the honey/butter/sugar mixture.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking pan to an even layer.
- Bake about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the lemon zest.
- Let the bars cool before cutting into 24 bars.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!