Crab Pasta with Prosecco & Meyer Lemon Sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 1/8 tsp red chili flakes
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups dry prosecco
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 2 Limoneira® Meyer lemons zest
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh squeezed Limoneira® Meyer lemon juice
- 1 lb shelled cook Dungeness crab
- 1 lb fresh fettuccine
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook shallot, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chile flakes and 3/4 tsp. salt; whisk in prosecco and crème fraîche. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and reduce to 1 3/4 cups, 10 to 15 minutes. Gently stir in Meyer lemon zest, 2 tbsp. fresh-squeezed Meyer lemon juice, and the crab into prosecco sauce and remove from heat. Boil pasta until just tender, 2 to 5 minutes. Drain pasta, return to pot, and gently toss with crab sauce and parsley. Taste; add more fresh-squeezed Meyer lemon juice for a zing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!