Garlic Lemon Dip
- 1/4 pound Day-old Italian bread crusts removed and cut into large pieces
- 2 cups Water
- 3-4 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 Red potatoes medium sized, peeled, cubed, cooked and cooled
- 5-6 cloves Garlic halved
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- Walnuts or almonds chopped, optional
- Pita chips or crackers
- In a large bowl, soak bread in water for 15 minutes. Squeeze bread and place in a small bowl (there should be about 1 cup of bread); set aside.
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice, potatoes, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth. Add bread; cover and process until blended.
- While processing, gradually add oil until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with nuts if desired. Serve with pita ships or crackers. Store in the refrigerator.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!