Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad
- 3/4 cup Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Salt kosher
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon Thyme leaves fresh and minced
- 2 pounds Boneless skinless chicken breasts halves
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 cup Raw sugar snap peas trimmed
- 1/2 Red bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 Yellow bell pepper julienned
- 1 Lemon thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper freshly ground
- For the Chicken: Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, kosher salt, pepper and thyme. Pour over chicken breasts in nonreactive bowl (such as a stainless steel one, but not one made of aluminum). Cover and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat a charcoal grill and cook chicken for 10 minutes on each side, until just cooked through. Refrigerate and chill. Slice breasts diagonally into 3/8-inch-thick slices.
- For the Salad: Toss chicken plus its juices, lemon juice, olive oil, sugar snap peas, red and yellow bell peppers, lemon slices, salt and pepper in a bowl. Taste for seasonings and serve cold or at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!