Kale Caesar with Goat Gouda, Avocados and Homemade Croutons
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 clove Garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcester sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Anchovy paste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 3/4 cup Canola oil
- 2 cups Dry crusty bread cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 head Kale chopped into thin ribbons
- 1 Large beefsteak tomato chopped
- 1 Large avocado chopped
- 1/4 cup Freshly grated goat gouda
- In a food processor, add the egg, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire, red pepper, mustard, anchovy, black pepper and parmesan. Allow to process until frothy. Add the oil to a microwave safe bowl, microwave for 1 minute or until very hot and steamy. While the food processor is running, very, very slowly add the oil and continue to process until dressing has emulsified, about 3 minutes. Place the dressing in a container with a lid and refrigerator until chilled, about 1 hour (can be made up to 3 days ahead of time).
- If the bread you are using for croutons is fresh, place on a baking sheet and dry out in a 250 oven for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the prepared bread cubes and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the kale, tomato and avocado. Add the dressing and toss to coat, salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with goat gouda and croutons.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!