Lebanese-Style Lemon Potato Salad with Mint
Potato salad is a summer and picnic favorite, but it doesn’t always have to involve a thick creamy sauce. This Lebanese-inspired recipe livens up the rich texture of potatoes with the tang of lemon in a dressing with garlic and mint. The bonus: it’s just as good warm as cold, and makes great leftovers.
- 2 pounds baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup scallions sliced fine
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large lemons juice & zest of 1
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients and stir to blend well. You can also put them into a jar and shake it.
- If you like, you can make it a day ahead of time to allow the flavors to blend.
- Cut the potatoes in half, so they are about 1-inch. If you are using larger potatoes, you can simply cut them into approximately 1-inch chunks or cubes.
- Add the potatoes and salt to a pot of water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes. They should be tender but not too soft.
- Take them from the heat right away and drain. Transfer them to a bowl.
- While the potatoes are still warm, add about half the dressing to the bowl. Stir gently to coat, and then allow the potatoes to absorb the flavor for at least 30 minutes, and overnight if you wish.
- When you’re ready to serve, add the scallions and feta cheese, tossing lightly.
- Add the rest of the dressing and stir to coat.
- Serve warm or cold.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!