Lemon Almond Biscotti
These biscotti are the perfect break from the everyday, dipped classic espresso, regular coffee or tea. They’re delicately flavored with lemon and almond and go well with a fruit plate for dessert or on a buffet table if you’re entertaining
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- grated rind of 1 medium lemon about 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons Butter melted
- • Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a large baking sheet.
- • Add the butter, sugar, salt, lemon rind, almond extract, and baking powder to a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- • Now add the lemon juice and eggs, continuing to beat until thoroughly combined.
- • Fold in the flour until the ingredients are thoroughly combined. It will be slightly sticky.
- • Scrape the dough out of the bowl onto the baking sheet and form into a log that’s about 13 inches long by 3 inches wide by 3/4 inch thick. Make the log smooth.
- • Bake for about 25 minutes, and allow it to cool for about a half hour on the baking sheet.
- • Turn the oven down to 325°F.
- • Take a clean spray bottle and fill it with lukewarm water. Lightly spray the log to soften the crust just a little.
- • After another 5 minutes, use a sharp serrated knife to cut the log into 1/2 inch slices, but leave the slices in place as if the log were still hole.
- • Pop it back into the oven for 30 to 35 minutes. They should be golden brown around the edges.
- • Take them from the oven and let them cool on a rack.
- • Add the lemon juice and icing sugar to a bowl.
- • Stir in the melted butter thoroughly. If it seems to thick, add a few drops of water until it is runny.
- • Drizzle over the biscotti.
- • They’ll keep for a couple of weeks at room temperature, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!