Lemon Basil Mushrooms
Looking for a quick and delicious appetizer for guests – or just a healthy snack for a night at home? The combination of mushrooms with lemon and seasonings will be an instant hit. Serve these warm with slices of crusty bread, or small buns.
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat over a medium-high setting. Cook the mushrooms in the oil for about 5 minutes. They should be golden grown.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, and cook for another 2 minutes or so, until fragrant.
- Add the lemon juice, and stir, scraping up any brown bits on the pan as you do, and stirring them into the mixture.
- Last, add the lemon zest and basil, stirring gently.
- Let it cool a little before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!