Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes
Individual cheesecake cupcakes are the perfect sweet snack – not too little, and not too much of a good thing. This version is flavored with lemon, and topped with creamy lemon curd, for a double lemon experience you can enjoy any time of day.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ricotta room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 lemons zested
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, and prepare a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside until you’re ready to bake.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Stir together until thoroughly blended.
- Add the melted butter and stir to distribute evenly.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cups – it should be about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons each – and press into the bottom of each paper muffin cup.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, and then remove from the oven and set aside to cool while you make the filling.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, and flour to a bowl, and beat by hand or with a mixer until well blended.
- Add the ricotta, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest as you continue to beat the mixture thoroughly.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each one.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups and fill to within 1/8 inch of the paper liner.
- When they are all filled, tap the muffin pan on the counter a couple of times to settle the batter.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes. The cupcakes will still look moist in the center, but will set as they cool.
- Turn off the oven crack the door open, leaving the cheesecakes inside to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, and chill for at least 1 hour in the fridge before serving.
- Just before serving, top with freshly grated lemon zest, and a slice of lemon.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!