Lemon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Most of us are familiar with chocolate and orange candies, but chocolate and lemon are another terrific taste sensation. The richness of chocolate and tart lemon goodness make the perfect contrast, and they’re brought together here in a cookie with a buttery texture and a slightly crunchy finish.
- 10 tablespoons Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Add the butter, sugar, and lemon rind to a medium sized bowl and beat until the mixture has a light, creamy texture.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and egg.
- Sift the flour and salt together. Fold it into the buttery mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate morsels. Cover the bowl and chill the dough in the fridge for about an hour.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form cookie dough balls with a teaspoon and place on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. The cookies should be a deep golden color around the edges.
- Allow to cool before you enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!