Lemon Citrus Sangria
- 1 bottle bottle of red wine
- 1 Limoneira lemon cut into 8 wedges
- 1 orange cut into 8 wedges
- 1 Star Ruby grapefruit, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 peach, peeled and diced into chunks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 or 2 ounces brandy
- 2 cups, club soda
- This works best with fruity, full bodied wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja reds, or Shiraz. Pour the wine into a large pitcher or punch bowl. Squeeze the juice from the lemon, orange, and grapefruit wedges into the wine. Remove any seeds, and add the remains of the fruit wedges to the mix. Add the peach wedges, along with the sugar and brandy. Stir together gently and allow it to chill overnight in the fridge so that the flavors mix. Add the club soda just before you serve it.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!