Lemon Coconut Milk Rice Pudding
Creamy and delicious, rice pudding is a classic comfort food. This version was remade for the 21st century, using coconut milk for a vegan pudding that you’ll find virtually indistinguishable from the traditional version that uses milk and eggs. For a bit of crunch, toss in a couple of tablespoons full of toasted coconut just before you serve.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can coconut milk 14 ounces
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- Add the water and lemon juice to a small pot, and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice as the water begins to boil.
- Stir, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed, and the rice is soft.
- Now, add the coconut milk, sugar, lemon zest & cinnamon stick to the same pot, and continue to simmer for another 20 minutes.
- The pudding should be very creamy and thickened.
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: Try exotic purple Thai rice, red rice, or other colorful options for a visual flair.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!