Lemon, Egg, Edamame & Avocado Salad Sandwiches
Creamy and delicious, you’ll elevate your brown bag lunch game with this gourmet variation on classic egg salad. Our version is flavored with lemons, scallions, garlic, and red pepper, with the soft, smooth texture of chopped eggs, edamame, and avocado. It’s a good for your combination that you’ll find yourself enjoying any day of the week.
- 6 eggs hard-boiled & peeled
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled & chopped
- 3/4 cup edamame cooked
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1 tablespoon scallions chopped
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon walnuts crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper crushed
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh greens
- 12 slices whole grain bread
- Add the eggs, avocado, and edamame to a large bowl. Mash them together with a potato masher, or cut with two sharp knives, depending on whether you want a coarser texture.
- In a second, smaller bowl, mix the lemon juice and zest, scallions, garlic, and yogurt. Blend together well.
- Now, add the crushed walnuts and red pepper to the yogurt mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the sandwiches, add some fresh greens to 6 of the slices of bread. Top with about a half cup of the egg salad mixture, and then with a second slice of bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!