Lemon, Herb & Garlic Stuffed Trout
This is a dish that looks and tastes fantastic – and the secret is, it’s not difficult to make at all. The delicate flavor of trout is enhanced with lemon and herbs, and stuffed for a delightful combination of textures and tastes.
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 4 trout cleaned and head removed
- Preheat the oven to 400 F, and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Measure the bread crumbs, onion, dill, basil, parsley, garlic and lemon zest into a bowl. (Reserve the lemon juice for now).
- Add about half the olive oil, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the stuffing between the four trout, and press into the cavity.
- Use the remaining oil to brush the skin of the trout.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place the fish on the baking sheet you have prepared with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. The skin should begin to turn brown, and the flesh should flake easily when using a fork.
- Remove from the oven, and just before serving, sprinkle with the lemon juice.
Choose fresh trout that has firm flesh. If you’re using frozen, choose a smooth, shiny solidly frozen fish with no visible blemishes or freezer burn.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!