Why go to the cafe when you can make your very own lemon loaf that’s just as mouthwatering good? This version is easy to make, and comes out moist and full of tangy flavor. Top it with a sweet glaze and it’s the perfect break time treat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup oil canola or vegetable
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup yogourt
- 1/2 cup icing sugar sifted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and prepare a 9" x 5" loaf pan with a light coating of grease and dusting of flour.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Add the lemon zest, and blend well.
- Add the oil, sugar, eggs, and yogourt to a second bowl, and beat together until smooth and well blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined, but do not over-mix.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 60 to 75 minutes. The top should be a golden color, and a clean knife inserted in the middle should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and allow the loaf to cool for about 20 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Combine the icing sugar and lemon juice, whisking until the sugar has dissolved and the glaze is smooth.
- Poke a few holes in the top of the loaf with a fork (carefully) and then brush the glaze over the whole cake.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!