Lemon Parsnip Soup With Ginger & Thyme
Root vegetables are among the most nutritious veggies you can buy, and they’re available most of the year even in northern areas. Add the taste and nutritional power of lemon, and it creates a delicious soup you’ll want to serve as a main dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium onions peeled and chopped
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves chopped
- 1 1 tablespoons ⁄2fresh ginger grated
- 2 cups parsnips peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan then add the chopped onions, thyme, lemon zest and ginger. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the parsnips, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. The parsnips should be softened.
- Add the chicken stock and lemon juice, cover, and continue to simmer on a low setting for 20 to 25 minutes. The parsnips should be very soft.
- Liquidize the soup in batches.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!