Lemon Peach Cake With Honey Cream Topping
What’s better than the quintessential taste of summer, paired with the bright tang of lemon? Lemons and peaches come together in this moist, buttery cake. The finishing touch is a whipped cream topping with a kiss of sweet honey. It’s perfect for anytime, including company, and also keeps well for a luscious finish to your brown bag lunch.
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cup peaches peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 lemons zested
- Powdered sugar to dust
- 1/2 cup heavy cream cold
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and prepare a 9-inch cake pan.
- Add the butter to a skillet, and melt over a medium heat. Turn it down if it begins to brown.
- Add the sliced peaches, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 to 10 minutes over a low setting. The peaches should be softened, but not mushy. Strain the butter, and set it aside.
- Measure the flour and baking powder into a bowl, and toss to combine.
- In a second bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolk together until they are thoroughly mixed but not too frothy.
- Add the sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and strained butter to the eggs, whisking together thoroughly.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients by the spoonful, stirring slowly but thoroughly with each addition.
- Add the cooked peaches and mix them into the batter.
- Spoon or ladle the cake batter into the pan and bake for about 30 minutes. The top of the cake should be a golden brown color.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for about a half an hour. Once cooled, flip it out of the pan, and dust with powdered sugar.
Honey Cream Topping
- While it is cooling, make the honey cream topping.
- Pour the heavy cream into a chilled bowl (whether you use a mixer or a whisk by hand). Beat until the cream begins to thicken.
- Add the honey, and continue to whip until soft peaks form.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve the cake.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!