Lemon Spice Chicken Salad
A spicy lemon marinade adds flavor to the chicken even before it's grilled. Then, the same base becomes a taste sensation in the dressing. This is chicken salad gone upscale—fit for guests at brunch, or to serve as a fabulous pick me up in your brown bag lunch.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts or thighs skinless & boneless
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons zest & juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds chopped
2 Hours Before:
- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl, and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Measure out about one half of the mixture, and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish, and pour half of the marinade over it. Turn to coat it all.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Pre-heat a grill – indoor or outdoor – to a medium-high temperature.
- When it’s ready, take the chicken from the fridge, and out of the marinade. Discard the used marinade.
- Grill the chicken until thoroughly cooked, or about 15 minutes, depending on thickness. Turn at least once.
- When it’s cooked, transfer the chicken to a plate and allow it to cool for five minutes or so while you make the dressing.
- Measure the mayonnaise into a small bowl. Add the reserved half of the marinade, and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Chop the grilled chicken into bite-size pieces, and add to a large bowl or platter.
- Add the green onions and chopped almonds.
- Add the dressing, and stir together.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!