Lemon Zucchini Bread
Moist and flavorful, this delicious lemon zucchini bread makes the perfect snack any time of day – and a great way to add zesty taste to your brown bag lunch. It’s sure to be a popular addition to a brunch buffet, and makes a great dessert any day of the week.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, and prepare an 8” x 4” loaf pan.
- Measure the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the cinnamon, and stir together until the mixture is evenly blended.
- Shred the zucchini unpeeled into a second large bowl. It’s okay if it’s moist – that’s what the loaf needs.
- Add the sugar, egg, oil, lemon juice, and zest. Stir together until blended.
- Combine the flour mixture with the zucchini mixture, folding over the mixture only until it is just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and bake for about 45 minutes. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the bread and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!