Make Your Own Blood Orange Infused Vodka
Blood oranges add their gorgeous blush red and fragrant sweet-tart flavor to vodka for a delicious spin on your fave cocktails, and the good news is that it’s easy to make. Choose the reddest blood oranges you can find – like Moro blood oranges – for maximum color and taste.
- 1 750 ml bottle vodka (26 ounces)
- 6 blood red oranges
- 3 6-ounce glass jars with lids
- Slice the blood oranges as thinly as you can. Divide them between the three jars.
- Fill each jar with vodka to cover the orange slices, and seal the lid tightly.
- Shake the jars gently, and let them sit for about 1 week in a cool, dark area (like the inside of a cupboard).
- Taste it every day to measure the intensity of the flavor. A week should give you a nicely fruity taste.
- When it’s done, strain out the orange slices, and re-bottle the vodka in the original bottle.
NOTE: Before you start, remember that you’ll need at least a week for the flavors to infuse. Use the best quality vodka you can for best results.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!