Meyer Lemon Avocado Pasta
Creamy avocado and tangy lemon are the base for this delicious – and healthy – pasta sauce. Best of all, it can be whipped up in a few minutes with the right ingredients on hand, so you can enjoy it even on your busiest days. Garlic and fresh herbs add flavor, with the goodness and color pop of cherry tomatoes to complete the effect.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 large avocados
- 1 Meyer lemon zest & juice
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Peel the avocados and cut them in half, removing the seeds.
- Bring a large, deep saucepan half full with water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the linguine, and cook for about 8 minutes, or until al dente.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet, and add the garlic. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes, until the garlic starts to brown.
- Remove the skillet from the heat for now, and add the Meyer lemon zest, and herbs. Add more olive oil as necessary to avoid excessive browning.
- Chop the avocado, and add it to the pan, stirring to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Add Meyer lemon juice, and stir together, adding any remaining olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cherry tomato halves.
- Drain the pasta when it is done, reserving 1/2 to 3/4 cups of the liquid.
- Add the pasta and the liquid to the pan, tossing to combine.
- Serve right away.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!