Meyer Lemon Bacon & Herb Stuffing
When you’re looking to up the ante when it comes to holiday meals, you need to pay attention to the details. That includes the stuffing. Our Meyer lemon and herb infused stuffing will making carving the bird and doling out the stuffing a lusciously fragrant experience.
- 1 small loaf sourdough bread
- 8 slices thickbacon diced
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery trimmed & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 Meyer lemons zest & juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Cut the sourdough bread into cubes about 1" square.
- Spread out on a baking sheet in a single layer and leave at room temperature overnight to dry out.
The Day Of:
- Add the bacon to a heavy skillet over a medium setting and cook for 2-3 minutes, until it begins to brown.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the garlic fragrant, or about 8 to 10 minutes in total.
- Remove from the heat, and add the dried bread cubes and seasonings, tossing lightly to combine.
- Beat the egg lightly in a small bowl. Add the Meyer lemon juice and mustard and beat gently to blend.
- Drizzle over the bread mixture and toss until combined.
- Stuff the turkey and bake as usual, or bake at 350 F in a lightly greased baking dish for about 30 minutes as a side dish.
Note: This makes enough to stuff an 8 to 12 pound turkey. You can also make it ahead of time and freeze it until you're ready to use it.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!