Meyer Lemon Blueberry Baked Oats
Here’s a great way to eat your oatmeal for breakfast that you can make ahead of time. It’s an alternative to the classic bowl of porridge, livened up here with fragrant Meyer lemon and blueberries, and a touch of coconut. It’s great warmed up with a splash of honey or maple syrup, or served with a dollop of cream. You can also make it baked in individual baking dishes.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 Meyer lemon zest & juice
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 3 cups oats
- Prepare an 8” x 8” baking dish by lightly greasing, and lining with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Beat the eggs lightly, and add the milk, beating as you do.
- Continue to whisk as you add the honey, melted butter, baking powder, and salt. Blend thoroughly.
- Now fold in the blueberries, lemon zest and juice, and coconut. Stir to blend.
- Add the oats last, folding them over to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking dish, using the back of the spoon to smooth over the surface, and make sure the berries are evenly blended in.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until firm and slightly browned around the outside.
- Serve warm or cold with honey, maple syrup or cream.
- Covered leftovers will last up to a week in the fridge.
Note: You will need to use quick cooking or rolled oats – it will not work with steel cut oats.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!