Meyer Lemon Chicken Kebabs
Meyer lemons are uniquely fragrant. Mix them with garlic and herbs, and a splash of white wine, and it creates a superb marinade for chicken kebabs. Along with the chicken, you’ll grill another couple of lemons to savor beside the meat.
- 2 Meyer lemons juice & zest
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Meyer lemons
At least 3 hours ahead:
- Cut the boneless chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine the Meyer lemon zest and juice, along with about 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, pepper flakes, wine, garlic, and rosemary in a dish large enough to hold all the pieces of chicken in a single layer. Stir gently to combine.
- Add the chicken pieces, turning them to coat on all sides. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, and overnight if you like.
Ready to grill:
- When you’re ready to grill, prepare 6 metal skewers. If you are using wooden skewers, soak them for about 20 to 30 minutes in water before you start.
- Slice the remaining 2 Meyer lemons into very thin slices.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and discard any excess liquid.
- Assemble the kebabs by alternating the chicken pieces with a slice of Meyer lemon, folded two or three times.
- Grill about 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and cooked all the way through.
- Serve with salad or yogurt dip.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!