Meyer Lemon Ginger Syrup
This versatile syrup can be used to make hot tea with boiling water or spicy lemonade with cold water, and it adds a vivid pop of flavor drizzled over pound cake or even pancakes. The concentrated syrup can also be used in cocktails.
- 1 1/2 pounds Meyer lemons
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup freshly grated ginger
- Squeeze the juice from the Meyer lemons.
- Measure out about 1 1/4 cups of the juice and add it to a saucepan along with the honey and ginger.
- Bring to a boil over a medium setting, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes. The volume should reduce a little.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it steep for another one to two hours.
- Strain and return the syrup to a clean saucepan.
- Bring back to a boil over a medium-high setting, stirring frequently.
- You can store it in your fridge in an airtight container up to two weeks.
Hot or cold tea: 2-3 tablespoons syrup to 1 cup of water at the desired temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!