Meyer Lemon Herb Focaccia
This delightful focaccia flat bread is lit up with the flavors of Meyer lemon, rosemary, and thyme for a taste sensation. It’s perfect as an appetizer, or a side dish when soup or salad is the main course. It’s also a great addition to any brunch table, whether it’s for you, for your family, or guests.
- 2 cups warm water about 110 degrees
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2-3 Meyer lemons thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch regular thyme
- 1/2 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- extra virgin olive oil for finishing
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F.
- Add the yeast to a large bowl, and pour the water over it.
- Add the salt, and stir to distribute evenly.
- Measure 2 cups of the flour into the yeast mixture. Mix together to a sticky dough.
- Cover the bowl with a clean, damp cloth. Place it in a warm area and allow it to rise for about 40 minutes.
- Oil a 9"x13" baking sheet, and press the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Dip your fingers in olive oil, and dimple the surface of the focaccia, drizzling it with the oil as you do.
- Arrange the Meyer lemon slices on the bread, and then sprinkle with the rosemary and thyme.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden in color.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!