Meyer Lemon, Honey & Turmeric Tea
Turmeric adds to the nutrient boost of this delicious drink. Turmeric is rich in iron, potassium, and vitamin B-6, and is a good source of vitamin C and magnesium. It also aids in digestion and relieving arthritis symptoms, among many other benefits. Honey is another potent antioxidant – one that sweetens the pot.
- 3 1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 Meyer lemon sliced thinly
- Pinch of cayenne to serve
- Add the water, lemon slices, and turmeric to a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over a medium high heat. Allow to bubble for a minute or two as you add the honey.
- Stir until honey dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and allow to steep as it cools.
- Strain and serve cold or reheated.
- Add a pinch of cayenne just before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!