Meyer Lemon Poached Eggs with Asparagus and Prosciutto
Poached eggs and veggies are the perfect breakfast combo – and this version comes with an extra flavor boost from Meyer lemons. Add roasted asparagus and prosciutto, drizzle with olive oil infused with chives, and the results are worthy of the most discerning foodie. It’s easy to make, but at the same time, elegant enough for guests at a Sunday brunch.
Chive Infused Oil:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- 2 pounds medium asparagus spears trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
Meyer Lemon Poached Eggs:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated Meyer lemon zest
- Blend the olive oil, chives, and Meyer lemon juice together until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the grated Meyer lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for up to 3 hours ahead of time.
- Return to room temperature when ready to use.
- Pre-heat the broiler.
- Arrange the asparagus spears on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with Meyer lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Broil for about 6 minutes, and then turn. Broil for about another 6 minutes.
- When ready to serve, divide the asparagus among four dishes, and drape with slices of prosciutto.
- Crack the eggs carefully into 4 small bowls or ramekins.
- Add about 2 cups of water to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over a medium setting.
- Add 1/4 cup of Meyer lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs to the lemon water to poach one at a time. The whites should be set, and the yolks slightly running at about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the eggs to a paper towel with a slotted spoon for a few seconds to drain before topping the asparagus and prosciutto.
- Drizzle with the chive infused olive oil and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!