Meyer Lemon Roasted Squash
Roasting vegetables brings out a whole new flavor. Squash has a lovely rich taste and texture, and roasting accentuates that taste. Here, we add fragrant Meyer lemon, garlic, thyme, and a little Parmesan cheese to turn a side dish into a dinner superstar.
- 1 large squash about 3 pounds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Meyer lemon zest & juice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Peel the squash, and cut it into cubes.
- Add the olive oil, fresh thyme, garlic, and Meyer lemon zest and juice to a large bowl, and mix together to blend.
- Add the squash cubes to the seasonings and oil, and toss to coat thoroughly on all sides. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle a little oil on a baking sheet, and place the squash cubes on it, flat sides down.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes. It should be starting to brown, and very fragrant.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and return to the oven for another 5 minutes or so, just until melted.
- Garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.
Note: You can use summer squash, butternut squash—or whatever is in season. You may have to adjust the cooking time depending on the variety.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!