Meyer Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies
The uniquely fragrant infusion of Meyer lemon juice and zest adds a bright pop of flavor to the traditional chocolate chip cookie. Now, make the chips luscious white chocolate, and you’ve got the perfect marriage of contrasting tastes and textures. Ideal for everyday, and distinctive enough for holidays and other special occasions.
- 1 cup unsalted butter slightly cold, cut into cubes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 Meyer lemon zested & juiced
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Measure butter, white and brown sugars into a large bowl. Cream together with a fork, whisk, or mixer until thoroughly combined, and the texture is light and fluffy.
- Adds the eggs one at a time, continuing to beat, along with the honey, vanilla extract, and Meyer lemon juice one by one.
- In a separate bowl, measure the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and mix together to distribute evenly.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, folding until just incorporated.
- Repeat the procedure with the white chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto a greased baking sheet about two inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until edges are just slightly browned.
- Allow to cool before transferring to a container.
Makes about two dozen cookies. Optional: Add a few drops of yellow food coloring along with the honey and other wet ingredients for a sunny yellow cookie.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!